If you’re tired of your routine life in the city, consider embarking on an adventure with nature. Get away from the noise and pollution of your fast-paced metropolitan home and take some time to slow down and commune with Mother Earth. Here are a few places in and around America that should interest you into stuffing your backpacks and hitting the road into the wild!
1. Nevada. Travelers from all over the world flock to this state usually to get a taste of the Las Vegas lifestyle. But behind this very bright city, Nevada has even more to offer backpackers and nature lovers. Famous nature expeditions from Nevada are Lake Tahoe and the Grand Canyon. Aside from these popular and almost commercialized sites, you can visit the Humboldt-Toiyabe National Forest. Within this preserve you’ll find majestic mountain ranges and lush forests.
2. Washington. Campers and hikers will fall in love with Washington State’s Cascade Range. Explore Mount Rainier National Park, which includes the Range’s highest volcano, and you will find glaciers, meadows, forests, waterfalls, and valleys. If you want to meet nature’s critters, Washington’s Colville National Forest should be your pick. The Forest cradles bears, cougars and wolves.
3. Arizona. Like Nevada, people usually go to Arizona for the Grand Canyon. But there’s more to explore in this beautiful state. Phoenix alone is surrounded by unique natural settings. There’s the Camelback Mountain which is not only incredibly shaped like the humps of a camel, but is also home to snakes and lizards! From the town of Page, you can take a drive and view the indescribable Horseshoe Bend. Arizona may be dry and hot, but this does not mean you won’t find life in it. Challenge yourself with Arizona’s wilderness.
4. Canada. North America prides itself with beautiful landscapes. The Canadian Rockies will simply take your breath away. The mountain ranges are tipped with snow and surrounded by an expanse of lush forests.
5. Alaska. This state is another source of pride for North America. There are countless wildlife and natural preserves. Home to various bears, Alaska draws plenty of curios tourists. The outdoors open every traveler to a plethora of possible activities that will certainly get you closer to nature.
These are only few of the places the Americas offer to travelers who crave a good challenge with nature. Before going to these places, it is advisable that you undergo physical training so that you won’t tire easily. Exhaustion while trekking the mountains is no joke, and neither is meeting wildlife. Be sure to respect the creatures you meet.
Take some time off your desk job and do something wild once in a while. You do not have to worry about travel expenses because you can get free flights to ease the budget problems.