Museums are a great way for travelers to learn about a place’s history, culture and art. But not all museums feature the works of their prided painters. Some choose to feature the weirdest things.
1. Instead of featuring the best, the Museum of Bad Art in Boston, US features the worst. You have to admit, there are some drawings and paintings that are difficult to appreciate. Some people are baffled at how a painting can be called art when it looks like it can be done by anyone. If you’re that type, then this museum will be very entertaining and amusing. Curious? Fly free to Boston!
2. India sure puts value on sanitation. Sulabh International Museum of Toilets stands in New Delhi, India. It features the evolution of toilets and the different technologies used for its improvement. You will be surprised how creative people can be with their toilets.
3. Paris takes their title as the world’s most romantic city to a different level. Musee De L’Erotisme shows various erotic objects from around the world. It holds many paintings and sculptures, from popular to sacred art, all depicting sex from different perspectives. See for yourself! Fly to Paris for free!
4. If Paris glorifies sex as a whole, Iceland puts a particular interest in phalluses. The Icelandic Phallological Museum is the only museum in the world to put on display all the mammal phalluses that can be found in their country.
5. For those who crave gore, Prague Torture Museum will not disappoint. Iron maidens, chastity belts, and various saws that were common instruments for punishment in the Dark Ages are put on display in Prague, Czech Republic.
If you’re tired of the conventional art in the usual museums, these sites are worth visiting. It’s always good to feast your eyes on the unusual and unconventional.