Have you ever visited a place that is so great you literally never wanted to leave? Well, there are people who actually do these. These are expats or expatriates.
Most people become expats not really for the sake of traveling and delving into foreign culture, but for economic reasons. America for example receives plenty of expats because it is easy to get a decent job that can easily cover the living expenses. So for people living in countries where the minimum wage can barely reach the cost of living, being an expat is always an option. Singapore, U.A.E. and the U.S. top the list of the best places to be expats. People who do not really earn big in underdeveloped countries can live luxuriously as expats in countries that pay huge sums of money.
If you decide on being an expat, it is important that you choose the country carefully. There are plenty of countries that pay you big bucks, but to hit two birds with one stone, why not choose a country that is not only financially rich, but also rich in culture and natural beauty? Here are a few great places to be an expat in.
1. Mexico. Ok, Mexico is not your ideal expatriate destination if you want to earn big bucks. But the cost of living, particularly real estates, is much cheaper. Money matters aside, Mexico is a great expat destination because it is paradise. The great beaches, vibrant culture, welcoming locals and interesting history make this a great place for foreigners to live in. Just imagine yourself waking up in paradise everyday! Simply click here and you can fly to Mexico for free!
2. San Francisco. The cost of living in San Francisco is high, but that’s ok because the salaries are high as well. More importantly, art is alive in this city. San Francisco is a great place for artists to be expats in. Graffiti is supported by the government and is highly encouraged. Just look around and you’ll see that this city has walls for canvases. I would definitely want to live there.
3. Tokyo. Japan ranks the 2nd most expensive city in the world making it a great place to get high salaries. But more than the possibilities for luxurious living, Tokyo is great because it has an interesting culture and unique customs.
4. Hong Kong. For someone who loves to shop, Hong Kong is your expat destination. Aside from giving out big salaries, Hong Kong has an interesting and colorful pop culture that you will surely enjoy living in. The entire place is like a huge shopping mall with a wide and complete variety of commodities. And the best thing is cheap stuff is not hard to come by.
5. India. Aside from getting big salaries, India is a great place to live in because of the culture. It’s difficult to be bored in this place with its many attractions. But this place is not for everyone. You have to deal with traffic and some densely populated streets. India is not really for those who want to live like Dons. This interesting country is more for culture and history buffs and for travelers who are ready for any kind of adventure.
You’ll never really know a place unless you’ve lived there long enough. So choose a city that you think suits your interests. Don’t just go there for the big bucks, or you might end up being bored in a desk job in the end. Consider the city’s culture. It is important that you get not only financial wealth but also cultural and personal growth as an expat.