While driving a snazzy-looking Mazda from a car rental ireland service I stumbled upon a hidden paradise. It was a place they call Kerry (South West of Ireland methinks), the fine sand and rolling waves made me think of something - nothing feels more relaxing than feeling sand on your feet and between your toes. Believe it or not, sand does not only come in gold or white. You will be surprised at how different beaches paint the earth with varying colors of sand. Here are the best places to get different colors of sands:
1. Golden Sand. This is probably the most common color. The Virgin Islands of the Caribbean have a lot of beautiful beaches. Travel to the Virgin Islands and you’ll find golden shores gleaming under the tropical heat!
2. White Sand. People usually seek this color of sand. There are plenty of white sand beaches around the world. Caladesi beach in Clearwater Florida is deemed America’s Best Beach for 2008 not only because of the clear calm waters, but also because of the pure white sand!
3. Pink Sand. The Caribbean Sea cradles not only idyllic white sand beaches but also pink sands. Go to Harbour Island in the Bahamas where you can rest on soft fine pink sands!
4. Black Sand. Hawaii offers a lot white sand beaches, but what you probably don’t expect to see are black shores. Active volcanic activity in the Big Island of Hawaii created these black sands! You probably won’t find black grains of sand comforting, but it is still worth visiting. You don’t always get to see black shores.
5. Green Sand. Hawaii offers even more colorful sands. Aside from black and white beaches, Puu Mahana of the Big Island has green sands due to olivine crystals. The shores are simply breathtaking.
So when you’re planning your next vacation, do not lock your desires to white sand beaches. White shores are idyllic but there are plenty of other colors to choose from! Ever imagined lying on pink sand? Cruise the Bahamas and you can put that imagination to reality!